Jesus died for our sins that so we will live forever.
The gospel is the story of God sending Jesus and the Spirit to the world to reconcile sinners and creation to God, not because of their good works, but because of His great mercy and love seen
- in Jesus' life (where He lived in perfect obedience)
- in Jesus' cross (where He took the punishment we deserve)
- in Jesus' death (where He died our death)
- in Jesus' resurrection (where He rose bodily from the grave so that we might rise bodily from the grave)
- in Jesus' ascension (where He ascended into the heavens and is interceding for us)
- in Jesus' sending of the Spirit (where He empowers us to bear witness to these things)
- in His soon return (when He descends back to the earth to restore all things; our bodies and the earth)
Anyone who repents of their sin and believes this news this will live forever in the Kingdom of God, where Jesus is King and sin and death are no more.