Jesus, Israel's promised Messiah, died for our sins that so we can live forever.
Because of Jesus'
- life (where He lived in perfect obedience to God)
- cross (where He offered himself to forgive sins)
- death (where He died the death we deserve)
- resurrection (where He rose bodily from the grave to prove God's promises are true)
- ascension (where He ascended into the heavens to intercede for us)
- sending of the Spirit (where He empowers us to bear witness to these things)
- and soon return (when He descends back to the earth to restore all things; our bodies and the earth)